Estate planning is about ensuring that your assets and investments are protected in order to provide the greatest possible benefit to you and your family.
We assist you on how to achieve your goals and plan for your future and the future of your family using a variety of tools:
- Preparation of wills and structuring testamentary dispositions
- Establishment and reorganisation of trusts
- Establishment of superannuation funds and preparing binding death nominations
- Capital gains and income tax advice
- Establishing powers of attorney (both enduring and medical powers of attorney)
Through effective planning and advice, Satellite Legal can assist you maximise the value of your estate, minimise tax liability and ensure the highest degree of asset protection, for you and your beneficiaries.
Estate Administration is about assisting you and/or your loved one in the distribution of your estates. When a person dies, practically everything they own will form part of their estate (with the exception of superannuation and life insurance policies usually). The estate can comprise real estate, house contents, bank accounts, investments, shares, motor vehicles, jewellery and other possessions.
Ensuring the smooth administration and finalisation of that estate is carried out, in accordance with the wishes of the deceased, and with minimum stress.
We undertake such tasks as:
- Closing bank accounts
- Probate applications and letters of administration
- Transmission of real estate title
- Executorial and trustee services
- Transfer and/or sale of shares
- Arranging for valuation of items
We understand that as family structures evolve, new legislation is introduced and new precedents are set, it is important now more than ever that we work closely with you, together with external advisers such as accountants, financial planners and investment and insurance advisers to deliver advice that is clear and easy to understand.